How to Fit a Concealed Window Restrictor
1 January 2014
If you are fitting a concealed window restrictor you will need:
- A drill
- A window restrictor
Step 1 : Select the restrictor and fit the restrictor arm
- Hold the window with your hand move the window back and forth to simulate the window opening and closing while holding the stud in place.
- When you are happy with the position and the restrictor closes smoothly mark off with a pencil where you want the stud to be placed.
- Once positioned drill two pilot holes into the outer window frame.
- Hold the restrictor in place over the pre drilled holes.
- Using the drill, drill the screws into place.
- Check the restrictor arm is firmly in place but that the arm can be moved as desired.
Step 2: Insert the restrictor stud
- Feel the underside of the window inner frame.
- Locate where you think the stud needs to be placed.
- Hold firmly in place whilst drilling the stud into place.
Step 3: Engage the restrictor and complete these final checks.
- Pull the window in towards the closed position to engage the restrictor.
- To release the restrictor gently push the arm towards the inside of the window to fully open the window.
To fit a concealed window restrictor simply:
- Select the restrictor and fit the restrictor arm.
- Insert the restrictor stud.
- Engage the restrictor and complete final checks.